Tuesday 31 December 2013

Day 10 started just as early as the day before and we took the bus through darkness, arriving still in darkness to find the door still locked.  I didn't force it open because my wife forbad such an action (and because the door is in front of not one, not two but THREE CCTV cameras.

After yesterday, I used one glass for both Abiraterone and Prednisolone and restricted my fluid intake.  They tell me now that I'm properly hydrated.  Yesterday, apparently, my bladder was 150% full, which explains why I pissed myself.  Today was fine.  I didn't piss myself and all was over by 10 O'Clock... shame I also had an appointment at the same hospital in the afternoon.

Andrea didn't want to inject the Zolodex implant because she had no written authority, but in the afternoon, Yanni, the trial nurse was happy to do so.  It was her who injected my first implant back when she was working at Whittington Hospital, so I trust her.  It does hurt but it's over soon.

Getting the blood test for my monthly oncology visit, the phlebotomist couldn't find a vein in the crook of my elbow so she tied a tourniquet around my wrist and found a vein on the back of my hand.  I wouldn't mind so much but it was my left hand, and I'm finding that the lack of testosterone is undoing the conditioning that made me act as if I was right handed, and my left hand is becoming more and more dominant.  In retrospect, given my CP affects the right side more than the left, I might have been much better off had I insisted on left handedness.

I saw Maria, I weigh 125.8 kg my blood pressure is 122 over 88 and my pulse rate was 97 bpm and my bloods were fine.  On the whole I'm extremely healthy for a fat and lethargic middle aged civil servant, let alone a cancer patient.  The New Year is coming up and I'm pretty damned sure I'm well on my way to becoming a cancer SURVIVOR.  So Yay NHS, Yay RFH and Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment