Tuesday 24 December 2013

Day six began with me looking at my mobile and my wife saying "Six AM".  "Oh shit!" said I and jumped out of bed, ran to the shower and somehow, we left the house by six thirty AM.  Everything was going well, too well and we had plenty of time, when the C11 bus decided to divert.  We hadn't realised though that we were only five or ten minutes' walk from the Royal Free Hospital by this time.

The driver said he'd be driving to somewhere about five minutes from Belsize Park, and so close to RFH, but if only he'd told us.  As it was, we reached the Fiddler's Elbow before we realised we could get off and catch the 46 or the 24 to get to the hospital.

I arrived 20 minutes early, went through the usual motions, smiled and Hi'd to my fellow patients and everything went reasonably well.  One change I have noticed though is that my pubic hair is much more sparse than usual, so the falling out business has begun.

I called my GP's surgery and re-arranged the call from Dr McMillan so that instead I'd see Dr Ratnan at 4PM on Friday instead.  Result!  Although offset by the rearrangement of Friday's appointment for Radiotherapy, so I would not actually be getting irradiated at 10AM.  Oh well, so it goes.

Smooth runnings home.  We even went to the new Sainsburys and did some last minute Christmas shopping.  We'll be having Butternut soup for Christmas dinner.  Very nice indeed.

My mood is buoyant and I wish a Merry Christmas to both of my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment