Monday 20 January 2014

Day 23, last Friday.  I don't remember much about it, only that I was tired and that somehow I was able to drink coffee afterward.  Saturday I walked to Staples, which was useless, then PC World and Currys and Maplins and in the end, didn't bother to buy a new laptop after all.

Then I came home and found the phone wasn't working.  The Internet was fine and so was the TV but no phone.  I had to order an engineer via Virgin media's website.

Today was day 24.  The place was locked and empty when we arrived and I began prep before the radiation department was even unlocked.  When the time came for my treatment, though, I'd fallen asleep.  They told me that the machine needs to be serviced and so the appointments are being rearranged.  For me that means arriving at 9AM tomorrow and from then until 31 January, I'll be arriving at 7:30 every day.

Mostly, I sat around alone today until the engineer came from Virgin Media.  He was a Scottish chap called Amin, very helpful and quickly realised the fault was outside, so we have working telephones again.  Yay us!

No comments:

Post a Comment