Wednesday 8 January 2014

Seems I'm slowing down.  Day 15 and Day 16 over and not a word from me.

Day 15 Yesterday, started in the wee small hours.  We traveled to RFH and then Hopie went home.  While I was waiting, Lauren Watts, a medical student who is following my case, came along.  We had a chat and then I asked if she could watch, which was okay, so everybody was happy.  Bizarrely, this was the first time I got on the table and was in exactly the right position.  Yay me.

Afterward, I took the bus to work, handed in my fit note, had a long chat with my line manager who suggested a return date of 3 March with a phased return.  Sounds good to me.  Said Happy New Year to my colleagues including Natasha, who gave me a big hug that near broke my spine.  Looks like I've been missed at work, which is good for the ego.

Day 16 today.  In a little later, sat and waited and then went home.  A little more concerned with the Mark Duggan verdict than my own cancer.  Police kicked my door down about a month or so before they killed Mark Duggan.  I took them to court but the court decided that surprise surprise, the police were acting lawfully.  Never mind though, sixteen down, only seventeen to go.  I'm close to the halfway point.

No comments:

Post a Comment